hazily, without concentration and with little appreciation. It is the same old story of not
Evelyn Glennie was the first lady of solo percussion in Scotland.
伊芙莲·格妮是苏格兰第一敲击乐独奏家。
In an interview, she recalled how she became a percussion soloist(打击乐器独
奏演员) in spite of her disability.
在一次采访中,她回忆了尽管失聪,她如何成为一位敲击乐独奏家的往事。
“Early on I decided not to allow the 36 (opinions)of others to stop me from becoming a musician.
早年我决定不让别人的意志阻碍我成为一位音乐家。
I grew up on a farm in northeast Scotland and began 37(taking) piano lessons when I was eight.
我在苏格兰东北的一个农场长大,在8岁的时候开始上钢琴课。
The older I got, the more my passion(酷爱) for music grew.
我越长大,对音乐的热情就越浓厚。
But I also began to gradually lose my 38(hearing) .
但我的听力也开始逐渐失去。
Doctors concluded that the nerve damage was the 39(cause) and by age twelve, I was completely deaf.
医生总结说神经损坏是主要原因,到我12岁的时候,我完全聋了。
But my love for music never 40(left) me.”
但我对音乐的爱从未离我而去。
“My 41 (goal)was to become a percussion soloist, even though there were none
at that time.
我的目标是成为一名打击也独奏者,尽管那时候一个也没有。
To perform, I 42(learned) to ‘hear’ music differently from others.
为了演出,我学会了“听”别人不同的音乐。
I play in my stocking feet and can 43(tell) the pitch of a note(音调高低) by the vibrations(振动) I feel through my body and through my 44(imagination) .
通过我的身体感知到的震动和我的想象力,我穿着长袜子演奏,并能辨别音调的高低。
My entire sound world exists by making use of almost every 45(sense) that I have.”
我整个的声音世界是通过我调用所有的感官存在着。
“I was 46(determined) to be assessed as a musician, not as a deaf musician, and I applied to the famous Royal Academy of Music in London.
我下定决心要被评价为一位音乐家,而是不是一位聋人音乐家,然后我申请了著名的伦敦皇家音乐学院。
No other deaf student had 47(done)this before and some teachers 48(opposed) my admission.
没有聋人学生那么做过,一些老师反对我的进入。
Based on my performance, I was 49 (finally)admitted and went on to 50 (graduate)with the academy’s highest honors.”
基于我的表演,我最终入驻并带着学院的最高荣誉毕业。
“After that, I established myself as the first full-time solo percussionist.
那之后,我自己创建了首位全职打击乐独奏者。
I 51(wrote) and arranged a lot of musical compositions since 52 (few)
had been written specially for solo percussionists.”
由于很少有曲子是特别为独奏者写的,我自己写了并编排了大量的曲子。
“I have been a soloist for over ten years.
我作为一名独奏者已经有十年的光阴了。
53 (Although)the doctor thought I was totally deaf, it didn’t 54(mean) that my passion couldn’t be realized.
尽管医生认为我完全失聪,那并意味着我的热情不能被激发。
I would encourage people not to allow themselves to be 55(limited) by others.
我会鼓励大家不要让自己被他人禁锢。
Follow your passion; follow your heart.
追随你的热情,追随你的内心。
They will lead you to the place you want to go.”
他们会引导你朝着你想去的地方迈进。